Saturday, July 11, 2009

I AM BIHAR


I am the history of India
I gave the world its first Republic
I nourished Buddha to enlightenment
I gave world its best ancient university
My son Chanakya was the father of Economics
Mahavir came out of my womb to found Jainism
My son Valmiki wrote Ramayan, the greatest Epic
Rishi Shushrut, the father of surgery, lived on my soil
My son Vatsayana wrote Kamasutra, the treatise of love
My son Ashoka – The Great was the greatest ruler of India
I gave birth to Aryabhatt, the great ancient mathematician
I gave Ashoka Chakra that adorns India's national flag
My son Dinkar is the national poet of India
I gave the world its first Yoga University
I gave India its first president
I am the land of festivals
I am brotherhood
I am humility
I am the past
I am the future
I am opportunity
I am revolution
I am culture
I am heritage
I am intellect
I am farmer
I am power
I am literature
I am poetry
I am love
I am heart
I am soul
I am yoga
I am global
I am inspiration
I am freedom
I am force
I am destiny


I am Bihar
...Come with your dream
I will make it a reality


Copyright © Mayank Krishna

8 comments:

  1. Mayank, this poem is one of the best thing written about BIHAR in contemporary time.

    Great work. We are proud to have you part of One Bihar Team.

    Santosh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is awesome. Reaaly great one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful but you really think that the sorry condition that Bihar is in right now, we should feel proud of our past. Shall we not open our eyes to our present and do something to get this glory back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice writing Mayank, Keep it up. I am also a NRB staying in Gujarat. I also started to express my feeling through blog. please visit and give your valuable comments. www.maibolunga.blogspot.com . thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. @really Bihar is renowned for its great historical legacy and rich cultural heritage. This great land of Ashoka and Buddha has been the motherland of some great legends of human civilization.....REALLY ASUMMMMMM POEM THNXSSS FOR SHARING IT WE BIHARI ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice and it touches the deepest port of our heart. This is what Bihar is, not the way people are portraying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sir you have not written what we bihari are but you have answered to those who mock on us by saying bihari myself AVINASH THAKUR salutes you as being abihari

    ReplyDelete